Begin Main Content Area

COVID-19 Information for Nursing Homes

Skilled nursing facilities are licensed by the PA Department of Health, and are often referred to as nursing homes. There are other types of long-term care facilities licensed by the PA Department of Human Services, such as personal care homes and assisted living facilities.

Vaccine Data and Strategy


Staffing, Testing, PPE and Other Support for Facilities 

Links to Request Support
  • Testing: To request assistance with COVID-19 outbreak testing, complete this online form: Universal Testing Needs Assessment Form. Your request will be considered, and someone from the Long-Term Care Task Force will be in touch with you. For questions about testing, email
    • If your facility does not have a laboratory engaged for COVID-19 testing, view a list of laboratories that conduct COVID-19 testing. This list is provided for informational purposes only, and the facility would be responsible for any cost.
  • Rapid antigen tests: If your facility has a CLIA waiver and a Pennsylvania lab permit and is in need of COVID-19 rapid antigen test kits, please complete this online form: Rapid Antigen Test Order Request Form. Fulfillment of orders is based on available supply. Please see the COVID-19 Laboratory Testing Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the requirements for performing testing at your facility.
  • Long-Term Care Resiliency, Infrastructure Supports, and Empowerment (LTC-RISE): With the ending of the Regional Response Health Collaborative (RRHC) on December 30, 2020, the Department transitioned from the RCATs to a new program, LTC RISE, effective January 1, 2022.  Learn more about LTC RISE.
  • Vaccines: Facilities that are in need of assistance with vaccine access, please contact the PA Department of Health. If feasible, DOH will work to identify a local pharmacy partner and contact you via email.
  • For general nursing home questions about COVID-19, email

PA DOH Resources

State Registrar Notices

Federal Resources