Renew My Registration
60 days before the expiration date of your Patient Certification and ID Card, you will receive an email letting you know that it is time to renew your registration. You must renew the registration prior to obtaining a new certification from the practitioner.
To renew your registration, you will need to do the following:
- From a computer, go to this site to
log in to your patient account as a returning user;
- Click the ‘profile settings’ tab in the blue ribbon at the top;
- Review all information (Please Note: All information should be exactly as it appears on your Pennsylvania driver’s license or state-issued ID card. If you have a change of address card, list that address. Your information must match what PennDot has on file for you.);
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ‘save changes’ button if you made any changes; and
- Go back into 'profile settings' and click the blue 'renew my registration' button. Follow the prompts until you see the message letting you know your information has successfully validated. .
After renewing your registration, you'll receive an email letting you know that your next step is to obtain a new patient certification. You can get a patient certification from any registered practitioner. You do not have to see the same doctor who issued your initial patient certification.
Once the doctor certifies you, if your annual payment is up to date, a new card will be printed and mailed to you at the address listed in your patient portal under 'profile settings'. The new card will start after the expiration date of the original card.
Payments are no longer tied to the ID card and are instead made annually. 30 days before your annual renewal fee is due, you will receive an email with instructions for making the $50 payment (or $25 if you qualify for a fee reduction). This fee is paid once every 12 months, regardless of how many cards/certifications you may be issued. Be sure to watch for this email and pay the annual fee by the due date listed to avoid any lapse in card activation.