Resources for Growers and Processors
Phase II Updates:
Grower/Processor Permittees and Facility Locations:
Applicant Score Cards:
Resources Used for Applying for a Grower/Processor Permit: The Office of Medical Marijuana is
NOT currently accepting applications for Phase II.
Phase 1 information for growers/processors
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to become an approved Grower/Processor of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania?
The department may issue permits for no more than 25 growers/processors. No more than five grower/processors may also be issued a dispensary permit. The application process requires an applicant – at a minimum – to:
- Apply for, and be awarded, a permit with the department before growing/processing medical marijuana.
- Provide information in the permit application, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to maintain effective security and control to prevent diversion, abuse or other illegal conduct.
- Evidence of municipality zoning requirements compliance.
- Provide a diversity plan.
- Submit a permit application with:
- Initial non-refundable fee of $10,000.
- Permit fee of $200,000, which is refundable if the permit is not granted.
- Proof of $2 million in capital ($500,000 of which must be on deposit in a financial institution).
Those that are awarded a permit must complete a two-hour training course. As permitted by the Act, the department may provide for other requirements through temporary regulations.