Resources for Growers and Processors
NEW: Grower-Processor and Dispensary request forms now ONLINE! Dispensaries and Grower-Processors can now download commonly used request forms on the new forms page. Please follow the instructions on each form for completion and submittal to the Office of Medical Marijuana. Please use these updated forms for all requests.
Phase II Updates:
Grower/Processor Permittees and Facility Locations:
Applicant Score Cards:
Resources Used for Applying for a Grower/Processor Permit: The Office of Medical Marijuana is
NOT currently accepting applications for Phase II.
Phase I information for growers/processors
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to become an approved Grower/Processor of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania?
The department may issue permits for no more than 25 growers/processors. No more than five grower/processors may also be issued a dispensary permit. The application process requires an applicant – at a minimum – to:
- Apply for, and be awarded, a permit with the department before growing/processing medical marijuana.
- Provide information in the permit application, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to maintain effective security and control to prevent diversion, abuse or other illegal conduct.
- Evidence of municipality zoning requirements compliance.
- Provide a diversity plan.
- Submit a permit application with:
- Initial non-refundable fee of $10,000.
- Permit fee of $200,000, which is refundable if the permit is not granted.
- Proof of $2 million in capital ($500,000 of which must be on deposit in a financial institution).
Those that are awarded a permit must complete a two-hour training course. As permitted by the Act, the department may provide for other requirements through temporary regulations.