Phase II Updates:
Dispensary Permittees and Facility Locations:
Applicant Score Cards:
Resources Used for Applying for a Dispensary Permit: The Office of Medical Marijuana is
NOT currently accepting applications for Phase II.
Phase 1 information for dispensaries
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to become an approved dispensary of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania?
The department will issue permits initially for no more than 50 dispensaries. Each dispensary may have no more than three separate locations. The application process requires an applicant – at a minimum – to:
- Apply for and be awarded a permit with the department before dispensing medical marijuana.
- Provide information in the permit application, including, but not limited to:
- Description of business organization and activities.
- Ability to maintain effective security and control to prevent diversion, abuse or other illegal conduct.
- Evidence of municipality zoning requirements compliance.
- Provide a diversity plan.
- Submit a permit application with:
- Initial non-refundable fee of $5,000.
- Permit fee of $30,000, which is refundable if the permit is not granted.
- Proof of $150,000 in capital.
Those that are awarded a permit must complete a two-hour training course. As permitted by the Act, the department may provide for other requirements through temporary regulations.