Begin Main Content Area

Amending a Birth Record

How do I amend a birth record and receive an amended birth certificate?
The forms listed below are to be used to amend a birth record.  These forms cannot be used to amend an individual's birth record due to an adoption.  Upon update to the record, an updated birth certificate will be issued, if requested. 
To add, remove or replace a parent on a birth record, complete the Request to Modify Parentage on a Birth Record form.   

To modify information, other than parentage, complete the appropriate form below, based on the age of the individual whose record needs to be amended.    

Mail the completed form, your identification, payment, and documentary evidence (see each form for specific details) to:

PA Department of Health
Bureau of Health Statistics and Registries
ATTN: Birth Registry
555 Walnut Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101-1934

See our current Processing Times for amendments.