The following Vital Records Office is offering in-person services by appointment only:
- New Castle
All other locations are currently closed. Please check back frequently for updates on the reopening of our other locations.
Steps to Obtain In-Person Services
- Complete a Vital Records Appointment Request Form and an Application for a Birth Certificate or an Application for a Death Certificate. Email or fax the completed forms to the location information listed on the Vital Records Appointment Request Form.
- Once your application(s) have been processed, you will be contacted to set up an appointment.
- Arrive to your appointment no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Bring along the following:
- Your valid government-issued photo ID that verifies your name and current mailing address. Examples include a state-issued driver's license or non-driver photo ID or two documents that verify your name and current address such as a utility bill, pay stub, bank statement, car registration, or lease/rental agreement.
- Payment in the form of a credit card, money order or check payable to VITAL RECORDS
You must wear a mask to gain admittance unless you have requested an accommodation at time of scheduling an appointment.