Spinal Cord Research Advisory Committee
Be a leader and inspire hope through innovative health research to improve the quality of life for those living with a spinal cord injury.
The Health Research Office is now accepting applications for new Spinal Cord Research Advisory Committee (SCRAC) members. As an integral member of this committee, you will solicit public feedback and recommend research priorities, help assure spinal cord injury research in Pennsylvania is of high standards and that the research will continue to make notable changes in the future. The Committee is required to meet two times a year and could meet more often if deemed necessary. Membership terms consist of a two-year period.
Available positions include:
- One member representing a Pennsylvania medical college or university.
- Two members who are neurosurgeons.
- Two members who are physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- One member who is a physician specializing in the treatment of spinal cord injuries.
- One member who has a spinal cord injury.
- One member who is a family member of a person with a spinal cord injury.
- One member who is a veteran who has a spinal cord injury.
Through engaging with like-minded peers, you will be able to share your voice and make a positive impact on spinal cord injury research.
If you have questions or would like more information, please email us at Rafirstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your consideration in collaborating with fellow peers to enhance spinal cord research in Pennsylvania.
Next SCRAC Meeting
The Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Spinal Cord Research Advisory Committee, established by Chapter 9, Section 903(b) of The Tobacco Settlement Act (Act 2001-77), will hold a public meeting on September 18, 2024 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The meeting will be held virtually via Teams at
+1 267-332-8737, Conference ID: 155 453 154#, and in-person at Saint John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 910 Allentown Road, Sellersville, PA 18960
The purpose of the meeting is to review the work of the Committee and to discuss the process used review the spinal cord research applications as well as to prepare the next Request for Application.
Future Tentative Meeting Dates
- September 18, 2024; 9:30 – 11:00 am
Minutes of Spinal Cord Research Advisory Committee Meetings