Health Care Insurance
Health Care Insurance is a form of risk management where the risk of monetary loss is transferred from one entity to another, in exchange for a premium, to cover medical expenses.
Department of Health Data
- See the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) dataset.
- Behavioral Health Risks of Pennsylvania Adults
- Reports containing data from annual surveys of modifiable risks that affect people's health.
- Healthy People
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
- County Health Profiles
- A series of county-specific reports that contain numerous statistics for various health-related subject areas.
- Nursing Home Reports
- A large volume of information by nursing homes including admissions, discharges, beds, and occupancy rates. See Report #2.
External Data Sources
Enrollment Figures (PA Children's Health Insurance Program - CHIP)
Health Insurance Data (U.S. Census Bureau)
Health Coverage & Uninsured (Kaiser Family Foundation)