Diabetes is a condition in which the body either does not produce enough, or does not properly respond to insulin, a hormone that enables cells to absorb glucose in order to turn it into energy.
Department of Health Data
- See the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) and Deaths datasets.
- Behavioral Health Risks of Pennsylvania Adults
- Reports containing data from annual surveys of modifiable risks that affect people's health.
- The Burden of Diabetes in Pennsylvania
- This report focuses on diabetes prevalence, hospitalizations, mortality, and costs in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortion, pregnancy, and population statistics.
- Healthy People
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
- School Health Statistics
- Reports on chronic conditions and other health topics as reported by Pennsylvania schools.
External Data Sources
Diabetes Prevention & Control Program (PA Department of Health)
Diabetes Fast Facts (CDC)
Diabetes Data and Trends (CDC)
American Diabetes Association