Deaths are defined as the cessation of all vital functions of the body including the heartbeat, brain activity (including the brain stem), and breathing. According to the Vital Statistics Law, a "Dead Body" means (i) a lifeless human body, or (ii) such parts of a human body as permit a reasonable inference that death has occurred.
Department of Health Data
- See the Deaths dataset.
- Death Statistics
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
- Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortion, pregnancy, and population statistics.
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in
meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
- Minority Health Disparities
- This report focuses on significant differences among races/ethnicities for selected health topics.
External Data Sources
Death Data (CDC)