Schools and Daycares
Schools can take a number of important steps to prepare for a flu pandemic:
- Support vaccination for all students and staff who are recommended for vaccination.
- Suggest early treatment for people at higher risk for flu complications.
- Educate students and staff about the importance of washing hands and other ways to avoid spreading the flu virus.
- Help make sure that sick students and adults do not come to the facility.
- Separate sick and well people as soon as possible.
Checklists for Pandemic Planning
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offer checklists to help plan for a flu pandemic. These checklists can be used by child care and preschool programs, school districts (K-12), and colleges and universities.
Find more information about flu pandemic planning at Flu.gov