Home Care Agencies and Registries
Home care agencies (HCAs) and home care registries (HCRs) provide non-skilled services to individuals in their homes or other independent living environments.
Home care services include:
- assistance with self-administered medications;
- personal care (i.e., assistance with personal hygiene, dressing and feeding)
- homemaking (i.e., assistance with household tasks, housekeeping, shopping, meal planning and preparation, and transportation);
- respite care (i.e., assistance and support provided to the family); and
- other non-skilled services.