Vital Statistics refer to systematically tabulated information about births, marriages, divorces, deaths, fetal deaths, and induced terminations of pregnancy, based on registration, preparation, transcription, collection, compilation, and analysis of these vital events.
Department of Health Data
- See the various Vital Statistics datasets.
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of birth topics.
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortion, pregnancy, and population statistics.
County Health Profiles
- A series of county-specific reports that contain numerous statistics for various health-related subject areas.
Maternal and Child Health Status Indicators
- Reports focused on maternal and child health issues including deaths among children, infant deaths, child poverty, and birth data.
Marriage and Divorce Statistics
- A report containing marriages and divorces that occurred in Pennsylvania.
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
External Data Sources
National Vital Statistics System (CDC)
National Center for Health Statistics (CDC)