Traffic Accidents are collisions of a motor vehicle with another vehicle, pedestrian, animal, or a geographical or architectural object on a public roadway.
Department of Health Data
- See Deaths dataset.
Combined Injury Reports
- Report containing injury-specific chapters summarizing injury deaths and hospitalizations statewide.
County Injury Profiles
- One-page profiles tabulating injury hospitalizations for a specific county.
Maternal and Child Health Status Indicators
- Reports focused on maternal and child health issues including deaths among children, infant deaths, child poverty, and birth data.
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortion, pregnancy, and population statistics.
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
External Data Sources
Motor Vehicle Safety (CDC)
FARS: Fatality Analysis Reporting System (NHTSA)
Crash Facts and Statistics (PennDOT)
WISQARS: Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (CDC)
Avoid Personal Injury: Tips for Safe Driving