Assaults involve a person(s) inflicting violent harm upon another person(s) without their consent. Homicides are assaults that result in death.
Department of Health Data
- See the Deaths dataset.
- Combined Injury Reports
- Report containing injury-specific chapters summarizing injury deaths and hospitalizations statewide.
- County Injury Profiles
- One-page profiles tabulating injury hospitalizations for a specific county (counts and charges only, no rates).
- Maternal and Child Health Status Indicators
- Reports focused on maternal and child health issues including deaths among children, infant deaths, child poverty, and birth data.
- Death Statistics
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
- Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortions, pregnancies, and population statistics.
- Healthy People
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
External Data Sources
Youth Violence (CDC)
Firearms Trace Data (ATF)
NVDRS: National Violent Death Reporting System (CDC, see WISQARS)
WISQARS: Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (CDC)