Accidental and Injury Deaths
Accidental and Injury Deaths refers to unintentional deaths due to an external cause such as a motor vehicle accident, drug overdose, fall, or other injury.
Department of Health Data
- See Deaths dataset.
Combined Injury Reports
- Report containing injury-specific chapters summarizing injury deaths and hospitalizations statewide.
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortions, pregnancies, and population statistics.
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
Violence and Injury Prevention Program (PA Department of Health)
- The Violence and Injury Prevention Program (VIPP) aims to prevent death and disability from intentional and unintentional injury by assessing the incidence of injury and developing programs that reduce risk of injury.
External Data Sources
WISQARS: Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (CDC)
NCIPC: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (CDC)