AIDS and HIV Infection
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), caused by the
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), is a disease of the human immune system, which progressively reduces its effectiveness and leaves the individual susceptible to opportunistic infections and tumors.
Department of Health Data
- See the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System and Deaths datasets.
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortions, pregnancies, and population statistics.
Behavioral Health Risks of Pennsylvania Adults
- Reports containing data from annual surveys of modifiable risks that affect people's health.
HIV/AIDS Annual Summary and Other Reports
- Includes Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) annual summaries and prevalence and incidence trends.
- A report that tracks the progress of public health objectives in meeting their goals by the end of the decade.
External Data Sources
AIDS & HIV FastStats (CDC)
Philadelphia Department of Public Health FAQ: HIV & AIDS
Allegheny County Health Department: HIV/AIDS Screening Program