Vaccine for Children Program
Revised Cold Chain Failure (CCF) Policy 2018
Vaccine Provider Notices
Older vaccine provider notices can be found in the
Digital Data Loggers (DDLs)
HPV Online Provider Training
The online training presents practice-oriented content about HPV immunization. It is also an excellent review for a seasoned healthcare provider and can be used by nursing schools to introduce their students to the comprehensive core knowledge about HPV immunization. This module is the eighth in a series titled Immunization: You Call the Shots and focuses on HPV and its related vaccines.
The training can be accessed
here. CPH recertification credit is offered and at the conclusion of the session the participant will be able to:
- Describe the HPV including the causative agents.
- List the groups at highest risk of HPV.
- Identify those for whom routine immunization is recommended of HPV.
- Describe characteristics of the vaccine used to prevent this disease. (Characteristics may include schedule, contraindications and/or adverse reactions.)
- Locate resources relevant to current immunization practice.
How to Order VFC Vaccines Online
Enrolled Vaccines for Children (VFC) providers must complete the necessary Pennsylvania Statewide Immunization Information System (PA-SIIS) Online vaccine ordering training by clicking the link below:
The person responsible for VFC Vaccine ordering must contact PA-SIIS staff at 877-774-4748 to receive PA SIIS logon/password credentials and the "PA-SIIS Vaccine Ordering Booklet".
You are now ready to log onto the
PA-SIIS Online Vaccine Ordering Website.
- Confirm practice site information, especially "Shipping Address" and "Delivery Times". Orders will not be processed if missing.
Report screen and generate vaccine inventory report.
- Take printed report to vaccine refrigeration unit(s) for use in documenting current VFC vaccine inventory on hand.
- Reconcile inventory
- Order vaccines at the
Add New Order screen
- When vaccine shipment arrives access the
Receive Shipment screen.
Please make sure that you order vaccine for your facility during the 1st though the 15th of each month.