Special Kids Network Service Coordination
Service coordination is a collaborative, cross systems approach to assist families and children with special needs to receive services and information in a manner that is easily accessible and is culturally and linguistically appropriate to support the development of the children throughout their lifespan.
Special Kids Network - PA Elks Home Service Coordination
The PA Elks Home Service Program provides:
- home visits by a nurse or social worker;
- individualized help to navigate the system;
- help with coordination of services;
- support and advocacy services;
- referrals to appropriate agencies in the community;
- support and suggestions regarding home care;
- help to access equipment and assistive technology;
- advocacy for appropriate and inclusive educational services;
- support of vocational goals;
- help with facilitating inclusion within the community;
- assistance with residential options and accessible housing;
- a liaison between individuals, families, and health care providers;
- advocacy for client's legal and human rights; and
- emotional support.
To take advantage of these services call the Special Kids Network Helpline: 1-800-986-4550.