Governor's Emergency Preparedness Summit
The Governor's Emergency Preparedness Summit is a Wolf Administration collaboration to help educate first responders and health professionals on the latest in emergency preparedness.
The next conference is slated for Spring 2019. Here is a recap from the 2017 summit.
Governor's Emergency Preparedness Summit Program
Presentations featured a wide range of topics including:
- Collaboration among the groups that make up the emergency response framework;
- Development of Healthcare Coalitions (HCCs);
- Collaboration for emergency planning in schools;
- Severe and Winter Weather Coordination between HCCs and emergency management;
- Crisis critical thinking and moving beyond 'run, hide, fight';
- Drones and public safety;
- Active shooter training;
- Traffic incident management training;
- Using collaboration to create a regional rescue team curriculum/class;
- The importance of exercising;
- Expectations for collaboration in our emergency-based workplaces;
- Cyber hygiene and cyber trends in Pa.;
- Human trafficking and suspicious activity reporting; and
- Social media in emergency management.