COVID-19 Public Testing Information
No appointment is necessary.
Testing is on a first-come, first-serve basis and is completely free to all patients. Patients must be ages three and older and are not required to show symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested. Up to 450 patients can be tested per day. Mid-nasal passage swab PCR tests will be performed. Patients are encouraged to bring a photo-ID. Registration will also be completed on-site. The turnaround time for testing results is two to seven days after testing.
Testing Schedule - Centre County
- Daily: Tuesdays - Saturdays (May 4 through July 3)
The testing site address for the indoor walk-in testing site is:
- Centre County Recycling & Refuse Authority Interpretive Center, 253 Transfer Road, Bellefonte, PA, 16823
Testing Schedule - Cumberland County
- Tuesdays - Saturdays: June 8-19, 2021
The testing site address for the drive-thru and walk-in testing site is:
- Carlisle PA Fairgrounds, 1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle, PA, 17013
Testing Schedule - Luzerne County
- Daily: Mondays-Fridays (May 3 through June 25)
The testing site address for the testing site is:
- Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport, 100 Terminal Road, Avoca, PA, 18641.
- Testing will be conducted in the office, located next to the car rental office.
The testing site address for this drive-thru and walk-up testing site is:
- Pierogi Fest at 470 Main Street, Edwardsville, PA, 18704
Testing Schedule - Pike County
- Daily: Tuesdays - Saturdays (May 11 - June 5)
The testing site address for the outdoor drive-thru testing site is:
- Pike County Pennsylvania Welcome Center, 1042 Pennsylvania Avenue, Matamoras, PA, 18336
How to Get Tested
- No appointment is necessary
- Register on site
a photo-ID and insurance card
- Patients are not required to show symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested -- anyone can get tested
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you develop any of these
emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately.
- Emergency warning signs for COVID-19 include:
- Trouble breathing: gasping for air or cannot talk without catching your breath, unable to speak full sentences
- Coughing up blood (more than about 1 teaspoon)
- Bluish lips or face
- Severe and constant pain or pressure in the chest
- Severe and constant dizziness or lightheadedness, too weak to stand
- Acting confused (new or worsening)
- Unconscious or very difficult to wake up
- Slurred speech (new or worsening)
- New seizure or seizures that won't stop
- This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: Notify the operator that you have, or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
- At the testing site:
- You will be asked to show your photo ID and insurance card.
- You will be asked to blow your nose and discard the tissues in a plastic bag.
- Test site staff will hand you a test swab.
- You will swab the inside of each nostril and carefully return the swab to the test-site staff.
- The turnaround time for testing results is two to seven days after testing.
- Individuals who are tested should self-isolate while they await test results. For those individuals who live with other people, they should self-isolate in a private room and use a private bathroom if possible. Whoever else lives in the home with the individual awaiting test results should also stay at home. View
COVID-19 Patient Instructions for Self Isolation While Awaiting Lab Results (PDF).
How to Manage Symptoms at Home
Questions? Call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)