COVID-19 Public Testing Information
No appointment is necessary. Testing is on a first-come, first-serve basis and is completely free to all patients. Patients must be ages three and older and are not required to show symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested. Up to 450 patients can be tested per day. Mid-nasal passage swab PCR tests will be performed. Patients are encouraged to bring a photo-ID. Registration will also be completed on-site. The turnaround time for testing results is two to seven days after testing.
Testing is available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday through Sept. 9 at the parking lot of Direct Link Technologies, 2561 Bernville Road, Reading, PA, 19605. Note, enter the parking lot from Van Reed Road.
Testing is available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday through Sept. 9 at the Blair County CBTs, 2612 Pleasant Valley Boulevard, Altoona, PA 16602.
Testing in Centre County will be available Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. from April 29 through Aug. 31 at 219 S. Water Street, Bellefonte, PA 16823.
Testing will be available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday from May 9 through Sept. 9 at Clarion University, 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214. Note, take East Wood Street, left onto Arnold Drive, take first right in between Eagle Commons and Carrier Hall, using Lot H parking.
Testing is available Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. now through Sept. 9 at the Parsons Union Building (PUB), 650 Railroad St, Lock Haven, PA, 17745.
Testing is available Monday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Sept. 9 at the Edinboro University Community Testing Dearborn Hall 205 Darrow Road Edinboro, PA 16444.
Testing will be available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday from May 9 through Sept. 9 at California University, 740 Orchard Street, California, PA 15419.
How to Get Tested
- No appointment is necessary
- Register on site
- Bring a photo-ID
- Patients are not required to show symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested -- anyone can get tested.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you develop any of these
emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately.
- Emergency warning signs for COVID-19 include:
- Trouble breathing: gasping for air or cannot talk without catching your breath, unable to speak full sentences
- Coughing up blood (more than about 1 teaspoon)
- Bluish lips or face
- Severe and constant pain or pressure in the chest
- Severe and constant dizziness or lightheadedness, too weak to stand
- Acting confused (new or worsening)
- Unconscious or very difficult to wake up
- Slurred speech (new or worsening)
- New seizure or seizures that won't stop
- This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: Notify the operator that you have, or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
- At the testing site:
- You will be asked to show your photo ID.
- You will be asked to blow your nose and discard the tissues in a plastic bag.
- Test site staff will swab the inside of each nostril.
- The turnaround time for testing results is two to seven days after testing.
- Individuals who are tested should self-isolate while they await test results. For those individuals who live with other people, they should self-isolate in a private room and use a private bathroom if possible. Whoever else lives in the home with the individual awaiting test results should also stay at home. View
COVID-19 Patient Instructions for Self Isolation While Awaiting Lab Results (PDF).
How to Manage Symptoms at Home
Questions? Call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)