Hepatitis A Prevention
The best way to prevent hepatitis A is through vaccination with the hepatitis A vaccine. Vaccination is recommended for:
- Children at age 1 year;
- Persons who are at increased risk for infection:
- People who use drugs;
- People with unstable housing or experiencing homelessness;
- People who use injected or noninjected illicit drugs;
- Men who have sex with men;
- People who are or were in jail or prison;
- Travelers to countries where hepatitis A is common;
- People with living with chronic hepatitis B or C;
- People with clotting-factor disorder, such as hemophilia; or
- Family and caregivers of adoptees from countries where hepatitis A is common.
Hepatitis A Vaccination SitesCall 1-877-PA-HEALTH to find a vaccination clinic near you.