Self Inflicted Injuries
Self-inflicted Injuries are damages occurring through the intentional act of harming oneself. Suicides are self-inflicted injuries that result in death.
Department of Health Data
- See Deaths dataset.
Combined Injury Reports
- Report containing injury-specific chapters summarizing injury deaths and hospitalizations statewide.
County Injury Profiles
- One-page profiles tabulating injury hospitalizations for a specific county (counts and charges only, no rates).
Maternal and Child Health Status Indicators
- Reports focused on maternal and child health issues including deaths among children, infant deaths, child poverty, and birth data.
- A large volume of tables including statistics on a variety of death topics.
Pennsylvania Vital Statistics
- An annual report of births, deaths, abortion, pregnancy, and population statistics.
External Data Sources
Suicide Prevention (CDC)
PAYSPI: PA Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Statistics (SAMHSA)
American Association of Suicidology Statistics
YRBSS: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (CDC)
WISQARS: Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (CDC)