Pennsylvania Primary Care
Loan Repayment Program (LRP)
Addendum #1 to RFA 67-114 Questions and Answers is now posted. See document on right.
The Department of Health provides loan repayment opportunities as an incentive to recruit and retain primary care practitioners willing to serve underserved Pennsylvania residents and to make a commitment to practicing in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
The LRP is accepting Practitioner Applications from Monday, August 17, 2020 until 11:59 pm on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Applications may be submitted through the on-line Pa. Primary Care Loan Repayment Program Web-based Application link to the right.
Complete eligibility requirements, qualifying factors, and evaluation criteria, and application instructions are available in the Request for Applications (RFA) 67-114.
Applicants will not be able to complete an application until their employer has submitted a Loan Repayment Practice Site Application and it has been approved by the department. A list of LRP-approved Practice Sites as of 8/14/20 is available to the right. You may query the LRP system to find practice sites approved after this date. To verify that your practice site is LRP-approved, review the LRP Approved Practice Sites Search instructions.
Full-time and Half-time Two-Year Contracts
Physicians and Dentists: Up to $100,000 full-time, up to $50,000 half-time
Other Practitioners: Up to $60,000 full-time, up to $30,000 half-time
Eligible Participants Include:
- Allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO) Physicians (Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, General Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Psychiatry);
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners ( Adult, Family, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women's Health, Mental Health/Psychiatry);
- General Dentists;
- Registered Dental Hygienists;
- Certified Nurse Midwives;
- Physician Assistants (Adult, Family, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women's Health,
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers;
- Licensed Professional Counselors;
- Marriage and Family Therapists; and
Practice Site Application
Practice Site Applications are accepted continuously. Practice Site Administrators or Directors may submit an on-line LRP Practice Site Application through the link to the right.