Pennsylvania Primary Care
Loan Repayment Program (LRP)
The Department of Health provides loan repayment opportunities as an incentive to recruit and retain primary care practitioners willing to serve underserved Pennsylvania residents and to make a commitment to practicing in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
THE LRP IS NOT ACCEPTING PRACTITIONER APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME. IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT THE NEXT LRP PRACTITIONER APPLICATION PERIOD WILL OPEN IN THE FALL 2022. EMAIL LOANREPAYMENT@PA.GOV TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Full-time and Half-time Two-Year Contracts
Physicians, Dentists, and Psychologists: Up to $80,000 full-time, up to $40,000 half-time
Other Practitioners: Up to $48,000 full-time, up to $24,000 half-time
Eligible Participants Include:
- Allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO) Physicians (Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, General Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Psychiatry);
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners ( Adult, Family, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women's Health, Mental Health/Psychiatry);
- General Dentists;
- Registered Dental Hygienists;
- Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioners;
- Certified Nurse Midwives;
- Physician Assistants (Adult, Family, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women's Health,
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers;
- Licensed Professional Counselors;
- Marriage and Family Therapists; and
Practice Site Application
Practice Site Applications are accepted continuously. Practice Site Administrators or Directors may submit an on-line LRP Practice Site Application through the link to the right.