Skip to main content
Skip to page content
Skip Navigation LinksPennsylvania Department of Health > My Health > Immunizations > School
 School children Immunization Requirements


School immunization requirements for attendance in Pennsylvania
is also available in Spanish.   
School Immunization Law Report (SILR)

2017-18 SILR Instructional Packet 

All web-based reports must be entered between Dec. 1 through Dec. 31, of each year. If you have additional questions after reviewing this packet, contact 717-787-5681 or visit the website, Select "School Children Immunizations" for updates throughout the year.

2017-18 SILR PowerPoint

Training to complete the SILR is available at


  • Log in using your normal TRAIN PA login and password. If you don't have a TRAIN            PA login and password, you will need to create a new account
  • Search the course using the course ID 1072927
Start the course by clicking the launch button on the registration tab of the course details page.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
  • Access the SILR on-line.
  • Register on-line and/or login to the SILR website.
  • Enter the number of students who are enrolled in kindergarten and seventh grade that have the number of doses indicated of the specific antigen or have had the disease, and complete our SILR.
Vaccine Safety 
  •  Vaccines are held to the highest standard of safety. 
  •  The United States has the safest, most effective vaccine supply in history.
  •  Vaccines are continually monitored for safety and effectiveness.                      

Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA Code Ch.23 (School Immunization)                                 

Proof of immunization means a written record showing the dates (month, day, year) your child was immunized.

Keep a record of your child's immunizations.  Keep this record in a safe place.  Your doctor's office, medical clinic, or hospital may ask for this record.  As your children become adults, they may need the record for college, for their job or if they travel out of the country.