Pennsylvania Primary Health Care
Loan Repayment Program (LRP)
The Department of Health provides loan repayment opportunities as an incentive to recruit and retain primary care practitioners willing to serve underserved Pennsylvania residents and to make a commitment to practicing in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
The LRP is not currently accepting practitioner applications.
Email email@example.com to request notification of the next LRP practitioner application period.
Link to the previous RFA is below:
LRP Request for Applications #67-75 (PDF)
Pa. Primary Care Loan Repayment Program Web-based Application (online)
Questions and Answers Addendum to LRP RFA #67-75
Applicants will not be able to complete an application until their employer has submitted a Loan Repayment Practice Site Application and it has been approved by the department.
Full-time and Half-time Two-Year Contracts
Physicians and Dentists: Up to $100,000 full-time, up to $50,000 half-time
Other Practitioners: Up to $60,000 full-time, up to $30,000 half-time
Eligible Participants Include:
- Allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO) Physicians (Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, General Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Psychiatry);
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners ( Adult, Family, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women's Health, Mental Health/Psychiatry);
- General Dentists;
- Registered Dental Hygienists;
- Certified Nurse Midwives;
- Physician Assistants (Adult, Family, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women's Health,
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers;
- Licensed Professional Counselors;
- Marriage and Family Therapists; and
Practice Site Application
Practitioner applicants will not be able to complete an application until their employer has submitted a Loan Repayment Practice Site Application and it has been approved by the department.
LRP Practice Site Application (online)
Site Application Instructions and Guide (PDF)
Behavioral Health Services Checklist (PDF)
LRP Approved Practice Sites (PDF)