What is WalkWorks?
To increase opportunities for physical activity, the Pennsylvania Department of Health has partnered with the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health Center for Public Health Practice to create a network of fun, fact-filled, community-based walking routes and walking groups. WalkWorks:
- Identifies and promotes safe walking routes;
- Offers social support through guided, community-based walking groups;
- Helps schools develop walk-to-school programs; and
- Addresses local policies to increase safe walking routes.
So, start walking today! Find a local walking route and walking group near you in one of the following areas:
1) Allegheny County; 2) Blair County; 3) Cameron County; 4) Chester County; 5) Dauphin County-Capitol Complex; 6) Delaware County; 7
) Fayette County; 8
) Indiana County; 9) Lancaster County; 10) McKean County; 11) Northampton County; 12) Philadelphia County; 13) Schuylkill County ; and 14) Tioga County
WalkWorks is proud to be working with these outstanding partners and affiliates:
- Blair County Planning Commission;
- Borough of Bangor;
- Center for Rural Health Practice at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford;
- Chester County Health Department;
- Delaware Intercommunity Health;
- Fayette Community Health Improvement Partnership;
- Indiana County Office of Planning and Development;
- Pa. Department of Health, Bureau of Health Promotion and Risk Reduction;
- Schuylkill County’s VISION;
- St. Luke's University Health Network;
- Tioga County Partnership for Community Health; and
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health Center for Public Health Practice.
- Cameron County Chamber of Commerce;
- Feet First Philly;
- Hollow Oak Land Trust;
- Indiana Regional Medical Center;
- Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine; and
- Sewickley Valley YMCA.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Funding is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health through the Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.