What is WalkWorks?
To increase opportunities for physical activity, the Pennsylvania Department of Health has partnered with the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health Center for Public Health Practice to create a network of fun, fact-filled, community-based walking routes and walking groups. WalkWorks:
- Identifies and promotes safe walking routes;
- Offers social support through guided, community-based walking groups;
- Helps schools develop walk-to-school programs; and
- Addresses local policies to increase safe walking routes.
So, start walking today! Find a local walking route and walking group near you in one of the following areas:
1) Blair County
; 2) Fayette County; 3) Indiana County
; 4) McKean County
;5) Northampton County; and 6) Schuylkill County,
as well as the 7) Capitol Complex
WalkWorks is proud to be working with these outstanding partners:
- Blair County Planning Commission;
- Borough of Bangor;
- Center for Rural Health Practice at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford;
- Fayette Community Health Improvement Partnership;
- Indiana County Office of Planning and Development;
- Pa. Department of Health, Bureau of Health Promotion and Risk Reduction;
- Schuylkill County’s VISION;
- St. Luke's University Health Network; and
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health Center for Public Health Practice.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Funding is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health through the Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.