The Governor's Emergency Preparedness Summit 2017 was held on September 30 through October 4 at the Hershey Lodge, 325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033.
The summit is a collaboration between the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA), the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH), the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Pennsylvania Governor's Office of Homeland Security.
SUMMIT SPEAKER AND PRESENTATION PREVIEW
Due to national events that have unfolded, many of our federal partners are currently involved in response to disasters. Because of that, several of our plenary speakers are unable to attend the Governor's Emergency Preparedness Summit. In their place, plenary speakers have been chosen in related fields who will bring informative, compelling speeches.
A list of the scheduled plenary speakers follows. For more information on each speaker, including their biography, click on their name:
Long, Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator
- Don Boyce,
United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Sepi
Yalda, Director of the Millersville Center for Disaster Research and
Education and noted meteorology and climate professor
Chylinski, Survivor of the Boston Marathon Bombing and noted speaker on how
the attack has altered her life
Amparo, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Brad Kieserman, American Red Cross
Over 100 presentations were selected! Those
presentations featured a wide range of topics. We are in the process of uploading many of the presentations to PA TRAIN. Once that is done, a link will be provided for you to view them.
- Collaboration among the groups that make up the
emergency response framework
- Development of Healthcare Coalitions (HCCs)
- Collaboration for emergency planning in schools
- Severe and Winter Weather Coordination between
HCCs and emergency management
- Crisis critical thinking and moving beyond ‘run,
- Drones and public safety
- Active shooter training
- Traffic incident management training
- Using collaboration to create a regional rescue
- The importance of exercising
- Expectations for collaboration in our
- Cyber hygiene and cyber trends in Pa.
- Human trafficking and suspicious activity
- Social media in emergency management
- And many more!